During 2020, many people have spent a lot more time in their homes than anticipated. This has led some to realize that they aren’t content in the home they live in. The fix for this can be a do-it-yourself project, remodeling, or even moving somewhere new. Bottom line, It’s essential to be happy with where you live, after all, your home is supposed to be a place you are happy. From hanging out with your significant other to hosting a party, you always want your home to be a sanctuary.
In the Kansas City Area and Need a Mirror Expert?
If you are remodeling or starting a new in the Kansas City area and are looking for a new custom mirror, we at Kryger Glass are here to help. Whether it’s an entire wall of mirrors or a small mirror for your bathroom, you can feel confident knowing you are getting the highest quality glass craftsmanship from experts.
Mirrors are typically used for functional purposes – they are usually found in bathrooms, bedrooms, and dressing rooms. But mirrors can serve multiple purposes, they are used for decoration, enhancing a small space, and of course, mirrors are used to help you look your best. In some cases, they can actually help keep you safe. Here’s a look at some creative ways a mirror can take your home to the next level.
- Create the Illusion of Space – Having a mirror in a room allows it to feel more open due to the reflection. They are used to make a room or hallway not feel so tight. If you want to create the illusion of a spacious room, hanging a large mirror up can help you achieve your goal.
- Make a Statement – Many people use mirrors now to make a statement for guests. Most people think of elegant art pieces as statement pieces, but when a guest walks into your home, and they see a custom mirror with a beautiful frame, it’s bound to strike up a conversation.
- Mirrors Maximize a Rooms Lighting – The concept that a mirror creates the illusion of space also creates the illusion of light. This is because the mirror reflects the light from fixtures in the room, making the room brighter. Hang your mirror across from a wall of windows to increase the natural light in the room even more.
- Mirrors Offer Additional Safety – You might never think about it, but mirrors also provide a sense of safety. You have probably seen mirrors in stores to help see around corners. Well, you can use mirrors in a similar context by hanging them on walls by doorways and hallways so you can see down them. An easy safety tip to follow is to hang a mirror facing your front door so you can see if anyone is walking in behind you as you enter your home.
Steps to Get Started on your Custom Mirror Project
- Measure the space where you want your mirror or mirrors to go
- Write down the dimensions
- Subtract the size of your mirror frame, if necessary
- Have inspiration photos on hand so that you are sure to get the look you will love.
- If you are hanging your mirror on the wall, use a stud finder to make sure it can be securely hung
- Call us to set up an appointment at 866.259.2081
When it’s time for your appointment, we can help you select the best type of glass and edging that fits your needs. If you aren’t sure how to measure the space or get the correct estimates, don’t hesitate to give us a call.
How Home Mirror Replacement Works
Once you decide what type of mirror you want and where it will go, it’s time for us to get to work. We start by cutting and shaping the glass with very fine blades. This is also where we get very detailed in our work by drilling, notching, and making cutouts based on your unique design. When it comes to edgework, we offer a variety of designs to meet your individual needs.
Types of Edgework Treatment:
- Straight Bevel
- Double Bevel
- Flat Polish
- Pencil Polish
When your custom mirror is finished, it’s imperative to make sure it not only arrives at your home or business safely but that it is professionally installed. Our staff knows how to mount any and all types of mirrors and uses the best practices to ensure your mirror is in the safest place possible and will remain secure. If you are unsure how to hang your mirror, give us a call, and we won’t hesitate to send help. The last thing you want is a broken mirror.
Kryger Glass: Home Mirror Replacement
Your home is a representation of you, so it’s important to make it just how you want it. Here at Kryger Glass, we can customize any of the mirrors we offer to fit your home perfectly. If you find yourself in any of the areas listed below, reach out to us to ask any questions or set up at a time.
We have locations in:
- Des Moines
- Sioux City
- Overland Park
- Kansas City