Sliding Glass Doors
For interior and exterior sliding glass doors
Sliding glass doors are a wonderful addition to a home. Kryger specializes in installing doors for small and big homes, apartments, and condos.
Get a Fast Quote
Fill out our quick form and get a quote on your glass needs today.
Install or Repair Sliding Glass Doors
Sliding glass doors are so much more than merely a way to get in and out of your home. They increase the amount of natural light in your house, giving everyone a mental boost. They can help keep the winter blues at bay by bringing light into your home during those dreary months.
Sliders are also a popular feature with home buyers, so they are a great selling point when the time comes to move homes. They make a house look bright and cheery no matter the season and help highlight your outdoor landscaping. With sliding glass doors, you get the best views possible while you sit in comfort inside your home.
When it comes to energy efficiency, sliding glass doors can be a big help. Since they allow so much natural light into the home, you can often cut back on how much electricity you need to use. You may find that you do not require as much artificial lighting in rooms with sliding glass doors. And in warmer months, you can enjoy the breeze that sliders allow when open.
Sliding glass doors are also great at saving you space in your home. For tight spots or smaller rooms, these can be a great option since they don’t open into the room. You can get loads of light, no matter the layout of the area.
A Lot of Options
Gone are the days of having one glass door style to use in your home. Modern homeowners have many options to choose from, each with its own style and purpose. From traditional patio doors to cascading sliding doors, the choices are so much greater than in years past.
When you are considering new or replacement sliding glass doors, there are some key questions to answer.
- Do you want to keep the current size of an existing patio door? You will have to keep this in mind as you look at different door styles. Depending on what type of door you choose, you may need to increase the opening to accommodate a change. If this isn’t an option, you need to know that before you go too far in your search.
- What are the climate conditions? Exposure to the elements is a significant consideration when it comes to choosing sliding glass doors. You will need to determine which material is best for where you live. A warm, dry climate like they have in Arizona could necessitate a different product than we need here in the Midwest. You will likely be able to choose from:
- How energy efficient do you want your sliders to be? Homeowners who live in extreme climates will probably make energy efficiency one of their top sliding glass door criteria. In temperate areas, however, where the outside temperature doesn’t fluctuate much, you might not need to worry about this.
- Are you particular about aesthetics? If you want a specific look with your sliding glass doors, you may need to investigate custom options. Cascading and bi-fold sliding doors add an incredible amount of visual appeal to a home. If that isn’t a top priority for you, then you may be able to go with a standard patio door instead.
A Gorgeous Upgrade
Today’s homeowners are fortunate to have so many beautiful, sturdy sliding glass door options. No matter the size of your space, the expert crew at Kryger Glass can help you to choose the right door. We specialize in all of the following:
- Traditional Patio Slider Doors - This style is perfect for small spaces and anyone on a tighter budget. It is also great for rental properties and vacation homes.
- Bi-fold or Accordion Doors - This option works well in wide spaces. You will get a lot of natural light and still have the option of opening the whole door. The panels fold up and push out of the way for an unobstructed view.
- Cascading Sliding Glass Doors - These doors are also beautiful in big rooms that lead out to a patio or deck. They allow for panoramic views and lots of fresh air.
Windows and doors have an almost magical effect on the overall look of a home. Adding or changing sliding glass doors in your house will have a drastic impact on the property’s beauty and function.
For natural light, beautiful views, and excellent resale value, sliding glass doors are the way to go. You will fall in love with your home all over again with the excellent craftsmanship of the Kryger Glass team.