Does the street noise in your neighborhood keep you from loving your home? You’re not alone; Relentless outside noise is a significant reason that many people give for wanting to put a house on the real estate market. Before you go to the extremes of selling your house, give our five soundproofing tips a chance to see if you can love your home once again.
Why invest in soundproofing
Your home is your sanctuary, a place where you can relax away from the rest of your hectic life. Unfortunately, living on a noisy street can make it seem as if a feeling of peace and relaxation is a far away dream. However, by using some of our soundproof tricks to dampen down outside noise, you’ll soon find that your goal of a restful retreat is a reality.
Five ways to soundproof your home
While it’s not always possible to eliminate all of the sounds that make their way into your home, it’s not difficult to dramatically improve your living experience. Here are five tried and true ways to create the quiet indoor spaces that you desire.
- #1: Luxurious drapes- One of the quickest ways to reduce outdoor noise is to hang thick drapes on the windows facing the street. Acoustic curtains do a terrific job of reducing the level of outside noise coming into your home. What’s more, they come in a variety of styles, so you’re sure to find soundproofing drapes that match your decorating goals.
- #2: Soundproof wallpaper- It’s a good thing that wallpaper is coming back into style because soundproofing wallpaper helps to minimize the sound of honking cars and barking dogs.
- #3: Storm windows- Of course, you probably already know that storm windows reduce your utility bills due to their ability to help conserve energy. Another benefit of installing or replacing storm windows comes from the soundproofing aspect of the windows that leads to a quieter home. Indeed, you’ll save money on your energy bills and enjoy a more peaceful home at the same time.
We specialize in replacing all types of old and broken storm windows with modern energy efficient ones so that you can love living in your home. Contact us to find out more about our storm window replacement services.
- #4: Entryway rug– Did you know that the gap at the bottom of your front door allows a significant amount of outside noise into your home? Invest in a rug, the thicker, the better, for your entryway to muffle the irritating outdoor sounds that keep interrupting your sleep.
- #5: Windows- Your windows don’t have to be open for noise to enter into the house. Broken windows and failing seals can let a substantial amount of annoying sound into every part of your home. Do your ears and sanity a favor by replacing a broken window with a more sound-resistant one.
Kryger Glass has an energy-friendly replacement window to meet your needs and budget. Contact us to find out how an affordable replacement window can improve the sound quality in your home.
Lastly, you don’t need to live with an annoying amount of outside noise ruining the peaceful feeling of your home. Rest assured that our soundproofing tips will make you love your house again and won’t wipe out your budget in the process. Contact us at Kryger Glass for expert assistance with all of your glass related projects.