Glass table tops are very elegant. They offer an exquisite look while promoting an open concept in your dining room or kitchen. They can also be favorable in an outdoor setting with a covered area, so it doesn’t take away from the natural feel of being outside. Many different styles and cuts make every one of them unique.
Contemporary, glass table top styles can add a beautiful centerpiece to a dining room, an accent piece to a living room, and the illusion of more space in a small room due to the transparency of the glass.
Why Have a Glass Table Top?
Are you currently wanting to revamp your home and trying to find a unique piece to do it? Consider purchasing a custom glass table top from Kryger Glass. Here are some advantages to having a glass table top:
- It will brighten your home – Glass table tops brighten up any room that they are placed in. This is due to the glass’s transparency because it creates the illusion that there is more open space and light.
- It is easy to clean – Compared to a wood table top, glass is much easier to clean. Many different cleaning supplies can ruin wood, but with glass, all you need is glass cleaner.
- It is long-lasting – Wood has to be conditioned regularly to keep its original state. Glass is a lot more durable and able to withstand more.
- It has endless style possibilities – With Kryger Glass, you can customize your table top to the exact specifications you want in your home. Glass can offer a nice bridge from antique furniture and give your home a more modern look.
Taking Care of All Your Glass Table Top Needs
Maybe you need to replace your table top glass that suffered a crack or break, maybe you want to add something new to a long-cherished piece, or maybe you want to protect the investment you made on a fine selection of furniture. Whatever your table top glass needs, Kryger has a custom solution for you. If you need to replace or repair your glass table top, start here:
- Measure the selected piece of furniture
- Write down the dimensions
- Call us to set up an appointment at 866.259.2081
When you come in for your appointment, we’ll help you select the glass and edging that fits your furniture best. If you’re worried about getting the correct measurements, and it’s possible to bring in the piece for us to measure for you, we’ll make sure the numbers add up.
Measuring Tips to Replace or Cover an Existing Table
For Table Top Glass Replacement:
Here are some tips for measuring your furniture to replace a broken glass table top:
- Either flip the table over or get underneath to find the support for the glass. It may be an inset lip that supports the glass or a set of screws.
- Go back to the top of the table and measure from either the inside of the lip or the end of the screws from side to side. Do this for both length and width.
For Table Top Glass Cover:
Here are some tips for measuring your furniture to add a glass table top:
- Measure the table’s length and width and write down those numbers.
- Take no more than 1/8 (0.125) an inch off those numbers to ensure that the glass doesn’t go over the table’s edge.
- If you have rounded corners on your table, it would be best to make a pattern. Take a piece of paper and hang it over the edges and corners of the table. Using a pencil, run the edge of the pencil over the edge of the table, leaving a line showing the corner of the table. Corners will have to be measured carefully for an exact fit. You may also watch this helpful video for another way to measure the corners.
Measuring can be tricky and you want to make sure you get it right the first time. An ill-fitted glass table top won’t work for replacement glass with a fitted inlet. We can’t make the correct size if we don’t have the correct measurements. If you need some help, don’t hesitate to reach out. We’ll gladly take over the job.